Reports 3.0 / Alter Session

From: F. Schmitt <fs_at_sonik.de>
Date: 15 Mar 1999 14:07:04 GMT

[Quoted] Hi there,

I'd like to switch the nls_date_language (or nls_language) parameter for some weekday output of my report - in the online help i found a hint to switch the nls_standards, but they wouldn't work with reports but nls_sort.

THe environment var I don't want to use...

so I tried to call dbms_session.set_nls('nls_date_language', value) - exception. didn't know which one. so I wrote a stored proc to set the param and after setting it I read the value out of v$nls_parameters - to verify that it is set to the new value. That worked (the setting), but my output was still in the wrong (server-standard) language...

What else could I try?

We use Oracle Server 7.3 on (sorry) WindowsNT Server 4.0, Client Windows NT 4.0 also. Developer/2000 V2.1, Reports 3.0.5.8.0 Received on Mon Mar 15 1999 - 15:07:04 CET

Original text of this message