Fingerprint Recognition

From: Albert Borrull i Preixens <aborrull_at_sgosoft.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 21:35:03 +0100

Hi !!

[Quoted]     I need to develop a system authorization based on fingerprint recognition. The requeriments are:

    1/ An Oracle DB with about 160 Milion fingerprints stored (maybe as image or character codification)

    2/ Given an input fingerprint, search in the database and authorize (or not) in less than 5 seconds.

    The fingerprint recognition devices that i have tested let me compare two fingerprints (the input and one from the DB) and returns true or false, but i can't do this with 160 M. fingerprints in less than 5 Sec. So I'm looking for an method that let me assign weiths with any fingerprint codification from my DB so when i need to certify a fingerprint, calculate it's weith and can compare it with only a little fraction from my large DB.

Some ideas?, Could somebody give me some information? Thanks in advance.
(Please, send answer to aborrull_at_sgosoft.com) Received on Sun Mar 14 1999 - 21:35:03 CET

Original text of this message