Re: Designer2K Missing Table/View

From: Diane <Diane_at_coalole.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:05:23 +0000

In article <921090935.322160_at_news1.ucsd.edu>, Fred Criscuolo <fred_at_network.ucsd.edu> writes

>Hi,
>I've installed a trial copy of Oracle Designer/2000 2.1 on my NT system.
>I'm running both the client and seeded repository on the same system. In
>working through the tutorial, I get as far as attempting to generate a
>dataase from the server model in the Design Editor tool. When I attempt to
>perform this step, it fails attempting to do a SELECT from a missing table or
>the data dictionary and while the repository owner: REPOS owns many tables
>that begin with CDI, I can't find the specified table/view anywhere in the
>database. I have to assume, I missed an installation step. I did see a
>note replying to another Designer problem suggesting that Developer/2000
>also be installed. I've tried that as well without success. I should point
>out that after installing the base Design/2K product, I then installed the
>Object Extension CD. I'm trying to interest my department in purchasing
>this tool so getting it working is pretty important to me. Thanks
>Fred
>
>--
>Fred Criscuolo
>fcriscuo_at_ucsd.edu
I was at the UK Case special Interest group yesterday and they said that this error occurs when you've got a different version of designer on the client PC to what is on the database - try going into the Repository admin utility and upgrading the repository database.

--
Diane