Re: What's OAS ?

From: (wrong string) ésar Moreno Fernández <cmoreno_at_csi.uned.es>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:58:53 +0100

Hi,

Emmanuel Bontemps escribió:

> Hi,
> could somebody tell me what is exactly Oracle Application Server ?
It's a Web Server that provides you the way to connect with a database (it could be an Oracle database or another via ODBC). It is configured by cartridges: If you are going to use PL /SQL , then you install the PL/SQL cartridge. If you are going to use Java, you can install the Java cartridge...
> What is really the power of OAS for internet online Oracle databases ?
I cannot answer you this question...I'm just testing it...
> What others possibility, other than CGI, to generate web application
> from Oracle Databases ?
You can use Microsoft ASP pages, but you must to use an ODBC driver. And it couldn't be as effective as the SQLNET.
> Which product are similar and concurent ?
Sorry. I'm new about the web servers and I don't know another.
> Best Regards

Regards.

   Cesar Moreno

* César Moreno Fernández                        *
* Centro de Servicios Informáticos              *
* Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia *
* C/ Bravo Murillo, 38 Planta baja.             *
* Madrid - 28015                                *
* Spain                                         *
* Tlf: +34 91 398 7455                          *
* Fax: +34 91 398 7588                          *