Oracle 8i and 7.3

From: Roland Daane <r.daane_at_goldmine.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:09:42 +0100

Hello,

Can anyony be of assistance:

We are using Oracle 7.3.2. (Unix) at this moment, and to work on the database we have several Forms and Reports which we are upgrading to developer level.

Some functionality (like reporting) we'd like to let customers do on the Internet.

Our internet Partner says we should use Oracle 8i. Using 8i with Java embedded should have great functionality.

The ISP will construct the front end, but it's up to us to replicate the 7.3 database so 8I can handle the data.
If we can import incremently on a daily basis well be happy.

Is there anyone with experience on this? Can you replicate from 7.3 to 8i (7.s is on Unix). How can you get Oracle 8i to work with the 7.3 data?

--
Roland Daane
r.daane_at_chello.nl