LOV: Truncating columns to 30 characters

From: Michael Ringbo <mri_at_dde-nospam.dk>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:13:49 +0100

Hi All

Somebody must have seen this before (I hope).

I am generating Forms (v. 5.0.6.0.8) using Designer/2000 (v. 2.0.19.0.3).

The problem:

LOV's based on columns in databasetables are truncating all of the shown columns to 30 characters!

This can be seen in the associated record groups property "Column specifications".

It's VERY annoying when the LOV's are used to show for example peoples names, or other columns which ar typically over 30 characters wide.

Note: The problem can't be handled through the "display width" property in Design Editor: All columns are always 30 characters.

Is there a workaround?
Have I missed something?
Or is it "just-another-bug"?

Thanks in advance

Michael Ringbo Received on Thu Mar 11 1999 - 15:13:49 CET

Original text of this message