Designer2K Missing Table/View

From: Fred Criscuolo <fred_at_network.ucsd.edu>
Date: 10 Mar 1999 18:35:35 GMT

Hi,
[Quoted] I've installed a trial copy of Oracle Designer/2000 2.1 on my NT system. I'm running both the client and seeded repository on the same system. In working through the tutorial, I get as far as attempting to generate a dataase from the server model in the Design Editor tool. When I attempt to perform this step, it fails attempting to do a SELECT from a missing table or view: CDI_NLS_DEFAULT_PREFS. The Design Editor then crashes. I've checked the data dictionary and while the repository owner: REPOS owns many tables that begin with CDI, I can't find the specified table/view anywhere in the database. I have to assume, I missed an installation step. I did see a note replying to another Designer problem suggesting that Developer/2000 also be installed. I've tried that as well without success. I should point out that after installing the base Design/2K product, I then installed the Object Extension CD. I'm trying to interest my department in purchasing this tool so getting it working is pretty important to me. Thanks Fred

--
Fred Criscuolo
fcriscuo_at_ucsd.edu