Using NLS inside Pro*c

From: Pedro Tavares <pedrotavares_at_cmvm.pt>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:28:42 -0000

I'm having problems using NLS inside PRO*C. I have a database created using WE8DEC character set, running on UP-UX 10.20 (my language is portuguese). When I trie to copy records from one table to another, I lose special characters like 'ηγ' and so on. Those records are OK in the first table. If I do a SELECT INTO a variable, and a printf to see the content of the variable, the content is already wrong. What can I try to do in order to avoid this problem? Should I configure certain environment variables?
Thanks in advance

Pedro Tavares
C.M.V.M.
Lisbon, Portugal Received on Wed Mar 10 1999 - 16:28:42 CET

Original text of this message