Re: Calling of Forms 4.5 forms slow

From: Richard Bullington <rbull_at_pacifier.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 02:29:13 -0800

Mr. Morrow,

I think you know the root of your problem. Each time you execute a Call_Form, the .fmx is read from the forms server to the local PC. The operating system probably caches previous images, but the cached image will have to be checked against the permanent one, which may take nearly as long as simply downloading a new copy.

There are two possible solutions. If your application is relatively small, say no more than twenty form panels, you can place them in a single .fmx and only pay the load time price once. If it's larger than that, you probably need 100MB Ethernet, or if you already have it, Gigabit. I'm sorry, but this is a fundamental problem with forms servers.

Richard Bullington