SQL-Navigator vs SQL-Programmer

From: elvisonmars <elvisonmars_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 14:09:01 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have been testing SQL Navigator for the last month. I noticed a posting for [Quoted] [Quoted] SQL Programmer and checked it out today. Is seems it has gotten lots of nice [Quoted] awards, so I though before spending a fortune, lets see what else there is. [Quoted] First thing: magazines claim that SQL-Programmer is way ahead of SQL Navigator. I don't quite see why this should be, as there are features in SQL [Quoted] Navigator which lack in SQL Programmer, like support for web-development [Quoted] (which I need for one)

I then discovered that it takes ages for SQL Programmer to load a larger Package (4000 lines of code) and 105 seconds to compile it, wheras SQL Navigator only takes a fraction to display the code and 45 seconds to compile it.

[Quoted] [Quoted] As for other features: I have had no time to compare, but SQL Navigator does [Quoted] everything I need, and it is a lot faster than SQL Programmer.

[Quoted] Any questions? No matter what magazines say and whatever dubious awards a product has gotten: better check for yourself.

Cheers
Boris Kraft, Open Systems AG