Oracle table editor?

From: Brian P. Barnes <bbarnes_at_dev.tivoli.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 09:41:47 -0600

Hi,

I am writing a Perl CGI application which uses Oracle 7.3.4. I have a requirement to allow non-DBA users to update the data in simple Oracle tables. I could write a Perl GUI for it, but this is one wheel I don't want to reinvent. So far, the entire application is free (except for Oracle) and platform independent (just uses pure html). I am looking for a Perl module or a Java class that can edit the data in a table with a simple GUI.

I would rather not have unsophisticated users using the Enterprise manager on the server and I would rather not have to buy another server license. Some have suggested using microsoft access, but I currently have zero microsoft in the solution and would very much want to keep it that way (death to tyrants!).

[Quoted] Will SQL*Forms (Oracle forms?) or DataBrowser run with only the Oracle [Quoted] client installed? Is there a JDBC enabled Java class to do this? I have also heard of TOAD, but it also looks like payware.

Any pointers appreciated,

    Brian Received on Mon Mar 08 1999 - 16:41:47 CET

Original text of this message