Selecting mult items to query on

From: <schuler_at_tracoris.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 21:15:28 GMT

Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5

I have two tables. One called ACTIVITY_LOG. One called ACTIVITY_CODES. ACTIVITY_LOG has three fields: USER_ID: varchar2, ACTIVITY_DATE: date, AL_CODE: number ACTIVITY_CODES has two fields: AC_CODE: number, AC_DESCRIPTION: varchar2 There are 100 activity codes numbered 1-100.

I want to write a report where the user can select records from ACTIVITY_LOG based on one or more activity codes. The user might select 3 codes, or 20, or 100. My ultimate select statement would look something like: SELECT * FROM activity_log WHERE al_code IN xxx; where xxx is maybe some kind of text variable that can be concatenated onto the select statement.

A List-of-Values would allow me to display all the choices but you can only choose one of them.
Radio Buttons would work but the user would have to click on each code individually to select it.

If I start in Forms, and create a Block that queries the ACTIVITY_CODES table I can display all the codes. If there were some way to use the When-Mouse-Down and When-Mouse-Up triggers to select multiple codes I think that would solve my problem but I can't figure out how to make it work.

There has to be a simple way of doing this but I don't know it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ernie