Questions about Oracle Installation

From: Gang Lu <gangl_at_gandhi.lamar.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 01:19:29 -0800

Hello, everyone:

I have three questions about Oracle installation:

  1. After installation, a sql script "catrep.sql" should be run by root could you tell me the usage of this file and how to run it when login as root.
  2. We installed the Oracle enterprise edtion8.0.5 on sparc machine, then we [Quoted] found a lof of excutable file with filename endding with a big 'O' and there are also a lot of files with same name except the endding 'O', What are these 'O' files. the trouble is we can not get them running, every time we did it, it promtted us that " ld.so.1, can not be find.
  3. what is command to run GUI server manager program?

we appreciate your reply.