Dev 2K: How to turn a .SQL file into a data block?

From: John Haskins <76054.334_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:58:23 -0800

[Quoted] I have an existing .SQL file which performs a SELECT statement incorporating [Quoted] a number of joins, calculations, and grouping. I would like to use the contents of this file as the basis of a read-only data block in Developer/2000. I have not been able to find how to do this. If anyone can [Quoted] point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it immensely.

I tried creating a data block manually, setting its type to FROM clause query, and placing the contents of the SELECT statment into the data block's [Quoted] Query Data Source Name property. When I tried to build a layout from that, no column names appeared in the Layout Wizard, so I manual entered the column names and data types into the data block's Query Data Source Columns property. That didn't help...the Layout Wizard still doesn't show any columns for the data block. Without those, I cannot create a layout.

The so-called help system provides no information about this, and Oracle's Developer/2000 Handbook does not address it either. This feature appears to [Quoted] be totally undocumented!

All assistance will be appreciated. Received on Thu Feb 25 1999 - 23:58:23 CET

Original text of this message