Re: Is Designer2000 wothwhile?

From: Andrew Tacchi <andrew.tacchi_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:35:28 -0000

I am currently using D2k 2.x and find it very useful (especially in maintaining the database through different server model designs). The main problem is it's pure size and complexity and you need to spent a good amount of time learning the tool correctly before expecting to get any real worth out of it. The main problem is that people expect it to do impossible DDL onto the database and blame the tool, or they don't define objects correctly.

I've have had mainly bad reports of ERWin but have not personally used it.