Re: Designer 2.1.1 Never finishes reverse engineering

From: <dthamke_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:10:16 GMT

We are going through the same problems. Has anyone been able to make any progress with trouble shooting or tuning the DB instance? We have tried several things but seem to be hitting a brick wall and performance is nonexistant.   Here's our environment: WinNT sp4, 128MB RAM, 2 - 266Mhz cpu with nothing else active or accessing the box but one client. Using Oracle Designer 2.1.2 seated repository instance running on 8.0.4 database code. We have reverse engineered an 11 table model in about 20 minutes to complete. If we try anything above that it won't complete and the client workstation is non- responsive.

Any information or assistance you can provide will be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thanks in advance
dt