OraPerl question

From: Robert H. Thompson <rthomp41_at_ford.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:26:24 -0500

[Quoted] I have a question about using OraPerl. I have an Oracle 7.3.3 database running and would like to use OraPerl to do the following:

[Quoted] find out the current database user. doing something like this:

&ora_do($lda,'show user');

[Quoted] or to manipulate some of the database environment variables like this:

&ora_do($lda,'set pagesize 66');

I've investigated the MAN pages and a couple of OraPerl website and even written a couple of test scripts to no avail. If anyone out there has done anything like this I would greatly appreciate some help or some info to point me in the right direction.

Thanx much in advance to any help.

Rob Thompson

work: rthomp41_at_ford.com
home: rthom40065_at_aol.com Received on Wed Feb 24 1999 - 17:26:24 CET

Original text of this message