Re: Oracle Designer? pros and cons?

From: Yuri Khazin <yurikh_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:19:02 +0200

Hi! I'm working approx 5 years with Oracle and can recommend you ErWin Logic Works tool instead. Unlike Designer it's an intuitive tool, extremely reliable with NO repository installation. It can work with many databases, reverse engineering and schemas comape are very simple actions. You can learn it very quickly.

Lacks: ErWin can not 'generate' FORMs/Reports modules, but Designer can not do it good too. I never seen Designer generated form that don't need hardworking of a programmer.

Plus: very good performance, no server installation, quick reverse eng., DB independent, you can work off-line. Received on Wed Feb 24 1999 - 08:19:02 CET

Original text of this message