Re: Host call to sqlplus from forms4.5

From: Tony Brown <tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:57:13 +0000

[Quoted] The use of no_screen only works in a non GUI environment which is OK for Forms 3 but not GUI.

We have tried plus33w but cannot get parameters across to it.

Thanks for the help so far

Tony

In article <36CFA02E.DEF35093_at_erols.com>, Shober's <bshober_at_erols.com> writes
>Try HOST ('plus33 -s .....',no_screen)
>
>Georgette P Cornio
>
>Tony Brown wrote:
>
>> We are calling sqlplus from within forms 4.5, running on Win 95/NT and
>> when we call it (using Host) we get two msdos windows popping up. One
>> for the shell and one for sqlplus.
>>
>> I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. Can we remove the msdos windows in any way. We have tried the
>> following:
>>
>> HOST ('sqlplus -s ....')
>> HOST ('plus33 -s .....')
>> HOST ('start /m plus33 -s')
>> HOST ('start /m batchfile.bat') where batchfile has the sqlplus
>>
>> The plus33 and start /m reduce the windows to 1 but it is still left
>> hanging there. It would be nice to call sqlplus code without any windows
>> at all.
>>
>> 2. Is there a way we can know when the sqlplus has completed so that we
>> don't continue in forms until the script completed successfully.
>>
>> email responses preferred as I don't always get time to monitor the
>> newsgroups.
>>
>> Thanks in Advance
>>
>> Tony Brown
>> Arete Software Limited
>> Tel : +44 (0) 1344 867706
>> Fax : +44 (0) 1344 867714
>> Email : tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk

Tony Brown
Arete Software Limited
Tel : +44 (0) 1344 867706
Fax : +44 (0) 1344 867714
Email : tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk Received on Tue Feb 23 1999 - 13:57:13 CET

Original text of this message