Re: Tricky trigger

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:27:24 +0100

Jurij Modic wrote
>But there is another catch with this method - if the trigger should
>write any information to some database table, then you are out of
>luck. Since you can't use COMMIT inside a trigger or inside any
>trigger-called procedure/function, all of those table changes will be
>rolled back at actual session ending.

Oops, I would probably only have discovered that when finished coding the trigger...

>unless aplication has some kind
>of autocommit functionality turned on, like in SQL*Plus

... or the trigger uses something like dbms_pipe and one would set up some listening process. But you're right, this is not what we want.

Thanks,
Arjan. Received on Mon Feb 22 1999 - 07:27:24 CET

Original text of this message