Re: URGENT NEED -- Communication between 7.0 (SSQLNet V1) and 7.3 (SQLNet v2) ?!?

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 13:02:18 -0500

Philippe Berniard wrote:

> The problem is :
>
> - on my left, Oracle 7.0 with SQLNet v1 under Netware 3.12,
> - on ly right, Oracle 7.3 with SQLNet v2 under WinNT 4.0.
>
> * How this two installations can communicate ?
>
> I need to export 7.0 database, and import the result into 7.3 database.
>
> * Where can I find SQL Net V1 for Windows NT ?
>
> I heard that SQLNet v1 and v2 can coexist on the same machine, but no
> SQLNet v1 came with Oracle 7.3.
>
> Philippe Berniard - pberniard_at_acomis.fr

Export / import are unrelated to sqlnet.

If all you need to do is move 7.0 data into 7.3, you can do this with export / import. Regardless of what sqlnet versions are installed.

However, if you need to have the 2 databases communicate for other reasons, you may have problems. 7.3 does not speak sqlnet v1 at all. 7.0 may be able to speak both sqlnet v1 and v2, but I'm not sure about this. If it does, that's the easist solution. If it doesn't, you may be able to use a 7.1 or 7.2 instance as an intermediate hop between the 2. Post more details if you wish.... Received on Sun Feb 21 1999 - 19:02:18 CET

Original text of this message