Re: Forms 2.3

From: Paul <paul_at_echofine.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:46:54 -0000

Henk Hultink wrote in message <36CD5835.508AA1A1_at_nospam.stoas.nl>...
>Hello,
>
>Although Oracle provides a tool that can convert Forms 2.x to Forms 3,
>I'm not sure if that's a such a good idea.
I think kumaran sell a conversion tool, but I have not used it.

At the time, I found the Oracle tool
(iac? iac30??) worked OK.

It did not re-write much code, but it got the application working.

From memory, the biggest problem after conversion was trigger steps with multiple statements in them.

ie nxtblk;exeqry;

In v2.3, if nxtblk failed, exeqry would not execute. In the converted form, it would.
-So your exeqry would fire in the wrong block!

I'm afraid this is all from memory. Its at least 5 years since I did this.

Feel free to try jogging my memory some more tho! Received on Sat Feb 20 1999 - 13:46:54 CET

Original text of this message