Re: PL/SQL help needed

From: Bill Messick <bmessick_at_clark.net>
Date: 19 Feb 1999 22:21:17 GMT

[Quoted] On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:13:08 -0800, Farjaad <farjaad_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>Could you guys let me have answers to the followings:
>
>1. What is the difference between PL/SQL Tables and SQL Tables

PL/SQL tables are data structures like arrays (like "sparse" arrays -- the subscripts don't have to be consecutive). You can't use DML (query, update, [Quoted] etc.) on them like SQL tables, and they only exists within one Oracle session.

>2. What is Dynamic SQL

That's when you build your SQL statement on the fly in a string, and use the DBMS_SQL package to parse and execute it.

>3. Can we use DDL statments in PL/SQL

[Quoted] Yes, but only if you use dynamic SQL and the DBMS_SQL package to build and execute the DDL.

--
Bill Messick
Computer Associates Global Professional Services