Re: Ad-hoc query tool for End Users connecting to an Oracle Database

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:04:11 GMT

Our department uses Crystal Reports 7 from Segate Software as our end user ad-hoc query and reporting tool....we compared it to 4 other leading enterprise-level data access tools and found it was easier to use, allowed for the production and distribution of 'canned' reports, and, importantly, has a free run-time component for distributing and running those 'canned' reports....It has a query builder, a Dictionary designer and many web enabled features - also, it has ActiveX controls so it can be used with VB and VC++, etc...

Check it out at
www.segatesoftware.com/crystalreports

( Note: this is not a commercial for them, its just the opinion of a group of very satisfied users/developers )

John Greco

RichardGrant <RichardGrant_at_Capgemini.co.uk> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a tool that can be purchased to allow end-users to
>construct their own queries without having any knowledge of SQL?
>Something along the lines of the Microsoft Access query wizard would be
>great, but it must be easy to use. I know that Developer now includes
>Query Builder, but this does not include a reporting tool. Any
>suggestions on this would be really appreciated.

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Fri Feb 19 1999 - 19:04:11 CET

Original text of this message