Re: Why OAS *AND* WAS from technet technology track?

From: Venkatesh Kumar <vkumar_at_bidbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:18:20 -0600

[Quoted] The Web application server is the old Name that Oracle was using. Now it [Quoted] is called the Oracle Application server. In your case the 4.x is the later [Quoted] version of the product. Oracle changed the name after they web enabled their ERP applications.

Thanks
Ven Kumar
internet : vkumar_at_fundu.com
URL    : http://www.fundu.com
do you want to be a fundu ? check out http://www.fundu.com
jmsalvo_at_yahoo.com.au wrote:

I am about to order a technology track from oracle technet, in particular, the
Internet Servers track. This includes:

Oracle ServerEnterprise Edition 8.0.4/8.0.5
Web Application Server 3.x
Oracle Application Server 4.x
Internet Commerce Server

My question is, what is the reason for having both WAS and OAS, when they WAS
is an older version of OAS?

Thanks,

John Salvo

http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own