Re: oracle training

From: Jeremy Russell <jeremy.russell.deletethisbit._at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:55:28 GMT

[Quoted] Hi, I'm an instructor working for an Oracle authorised education partner - please note that I am deliberately NOT including the company name here so as not to be accused of advertising. I'm an experienced RDBMS instructor (10 years + in the UK), including 6+ years of Oracle training. Despite my own experience, which includes 25 years in this industry as a developer, to work for Oracle partners I still had to attend each training course that I wanted to present, THEN teach the class under the gaze of a senior Oracle instructor. The supervising instructor completes a 4 or 5 page review form on my performance, covering everything from my technical knowledge to my demeanour (addressing students by name) and even my dress sense! Then and only if the grading is acceptable, I'm allowed to teach the class alone.

In summary, Oracle take the quality of their partner instructors very very seriously.

And having taught similar classes for many UK based organisations, including my own business in England, I am seriously impressed by the quality of the handouts and support material provided by Oracle.

You could do a lot worse than take an Oracle authorised class.

Good luck and have fun ...

Jeremy Russell
"Paul Dorsey" <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com> wrote:

<snip>
>My advise is to solicit your trainer from conference proceedings, list
>postings, etc. Get someone who really knows the subject, not some trainer
>who has never built with the tool.
>
>Oracle Education is probably the best support for the above argument. Some
>of the best people in the field teach classes for Oracle education.
>Unfortunately, you can also take a class from a complete novice. In
>fairness, I have heard that Oracle tries to not do that anymore.
<snip> Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 12:55:28 CET

Original text of this message