Re: oracle training

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 02:39:59 GMT

First, companies do not give training. Training comes from an individual trainer.
Get the resume of the exact person giving the training. Otherwise, you will probably end up in a room with a teacher who knows little more about the subject than you do.

You can get the same material on any product from a book for $50. The value of the trainer is serious real world experience.

[Quoted] My advise is to solicit your trainer from conference proceedings, list postings, etc. Get someone who really knows the subject, not some trainer who has never built with the tool.

Oracle Education is probably the best support for the above argument. Some of the best people in the field teach classes for Oracle education. Unfortunately, you can also take a class from a complete novice. In fairness, I have heard that Oracle tries to not do that anymore.

Since you are posting to tools, lets assume that you may be looking for Designer or Developer training. Anyone can learn how to use either product suite with basic training and some trial and error. However, you will need someone experienced to help you not fall into the traps that all new users fall into.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.
Salmah wrote in message ...

>Has anyone used or is familiar with Database Domain (dbdomain.com) for
>Oracle training?
>They have an on-line website training.
>
> Any other/better suggestions?
>

>*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here