Re: Hardware/Software needed for WebForms?

From: <frank_delisle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:29:31 GMT

Here's a good shoping list:

    Jinitiator or appletviewer:free from oracle, they're used by the client to view the forms.

    Oracle application server: A.K.A Oracle web server     Oracle database
    Developer 2000 SERVER: Be careful to get the SERVER version     two server:one for the DB and one for the OAS.     1 Gig of memory (yes 1000 meg) 10meg * 100 user

In article <7a9q2s$s0b$1_at_news-2.news.gte.net>,   Douglas Scott <Douglas.S.Scott_at_USAHQ.unitedspacealliance.com> wrote:
> My company is planning on migrating a Forms 3.0 application (~ 200
> forms) to
> WebForms (we need to support both Win95/98 PCs and Macintoshes).
> I understand the basic 3-tier structure (i.e. database server,
> application server and browser based client), but I'm still
> unsure of what hardware and software is actually needed for the
> application server (especially since Oracle keeps changing the
> names of their products). Can anyone tell me what the hardware
> and software requirements are for a WebForms (w/reports)
> application server assuming that I don't have anything yet (NT
> or Unix)? Also, what are the general memory/disk requirements if
> the server needs to support about 100 concurrent connections?
>
> Thanks,
> Douglas Scott
> Douglas.S.Scott_at_USAHQ.unitedspacealliance.com

Frank Delisle
Consultant, Eds Québec
e-mail: francois.delisle_at_prosig.qc.ca "Un problème sans solution n'est pas un problème"