Net8 and SqlNet2.3

From: <robertbowden_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:24:08 GMT

Anybody,

From within a Forms 5 application on Windows NT 4 I am invoking a function within a DLL using ORA FFI. Within this function I specifically wish to make a separate Net8 connection to the server.

However, I find that the Net8 connection and the Forms own SqlNet2.3 connection cannot co-exist in the same process space - the whole thing hangs.

Currently I spawn a separate process to get round this problem, but can anybody suggest a way in which I can get a Net8 and SqlNet2.3 connection in the same process space ?

Regards,

Bob