92349 Moving Designer from NT to Digital Unix

From: <krose_at_athena.nwafc.nf.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:11:05 GMT

Hello,

Here is my situation. I currently have the Designer (version 2.20.5.0) housed on a Windows NT machine (Intel arch). Oracle 8 Enterprise Server version 8.0.4.0.0 runs on the NT Server. The repository is the seeded repos included with the NT distribution.

I want to try and move my repository to a Digital Unix box (alpha) running Oracle 8 EE version 8.0.5.0.0.

  • Is this possible ?
  • What is the easiest way to go about this? I am following the Designer Installation guide which leads me to the creation of the repository manually after which I can restore from the NT machine from repos admin utility. Ill simply export the repository on NT as a DMP and restore on the same DMP on the DEC unix.
    -Is there a way to backup an instance/repository and simply restore it on the
    DEC UNIX machine?
    -Any comments, references to documentation or ideas are greatly appreciated?

Thanks

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Mon Feb 15 1999 - 21:11:05 CET

Original text of this message