Hardware/Software needed for WebForms?

From: Douglas Scott <Douglas.S.Scott_at_USAHQ.unitedspacealliance.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:00:35 -0600

[Quoted] My company is planning on migrating a Forms 3.0 application (~ 200 forms) to
WebForms (we need to support both Win95/98 PCs and Macintoshes).  I understand the basic 3-tier structure (i.e. database server, application server and browser based client), but I'm still unsure of what hardware and software is actually needed for the application server (especially since Oracle keeps changing the names of their products). Can anyone tell me what the hardware and software requirements are for a WebForms (w/reports) application server assuming that I don't have anything yet (NT or Unix)? Also, what are the general memory/disk requirements if the server needs to support about 100 concurrent connections?

Thanks,
Douglas Scott
Douglas.S.Scott_at_USAHQ.unitedspacealliance.com Received on Mon Feb 15 1999 - 20:00:35 CET

Original text of this message