Deadlock within Designer 2000

From: <pmchale_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:07:21 GMT

Here's a question about the Designer 2000 archive process.

I have been using this built-in process to backup designs and it has worked fine.

On a recent archive Designer gave an Oracle error during the archive. The error referred to a deadlock on one of the XT_ tables.

After a couple of re-tries the archive and export worked ok, but the deadlock remains a mystery.

The only explanation I can think of is that I recently started using incremental exports.

Has anybody else seen such a deadlock in connection with Designer and/or incremental exports ?

...Peter