Re: ORA-03121 causing OWS-0566

From: Venkatesh Kumar <vkumar_at_bidbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:48:30 -0600

Matthew,
 Couple of things you need to do.  Oracle WAS 3.0 runs on Sql Net while Oracele 8 uses Net 8.

When you do the install, install the 2 products on seperate Oracle Homes. ( Note that you have to install the WAS Before you install Oracle8). Once you do that, you have to configure the Net 8 ( Go to Net 8 assiatant and click on Listener. Add a Global Database  Name ( Your host Name ) and then add a Name Service).

The go under Sql*Net Easy Config and create a new connection. Once you have this in place, you can do a DAD Submission. You will have to mention a connect string in that screen.

When you do Sql*Plus try sqlplus system/manager_at_<host Name> If that works then the DAD will work . When you create a service name or the global database name use the host name of the machine and you should be all set.

CHeers
Ven Kumar
internet : vkumar_at_fundu.com
do you want to be a fundu ? Check out http://www.fundu.com

Matthew Smart wrote:

Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help me with this one?

I'm trying to set up Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 with Oracle 8 for
Windows NT on a standalone PC.  Installation goes O.K. and I point Explorer
to http://pent133:8888/ows-abin/boot.  pent133 is my macine name.  I leave
the SID name as ORCL, the connect string blank, enter my administrator name
and password and press the submit button.  I then get the following message
:

OWS-05566: DAD DBA submission failed due to error 3121
ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

Can anyone help me on this one??

Cheers

Matthew

matthew_at_smart73.freeserve.co.uk