Re: Uploading data into Oracle

From: Venkatesh Kumar <vkumar_at_bidbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:26:12 -0600

Hi, [Quoted]
 Try Sql*Loader. Sql*Loader comes as part of the oracle database and you should be able to load data from files real fast.  Iam not sure what your application is. If you have to do data cleanup and translation as part of the load, you may want to check out a tool called SMART DB  from SMART DB corp in California.
Let me know if you need more help on this.

Cheers
Ven Kumar
internet : vkumar_at_fundu.com
URL    : http://www.fundu.com
Do you want to be a fundu ?   Check out http://www.fundu.com

MAMASTA wrote:

   What is the best tool for uploading data into oracle? [Quoted]
We are considering Erwin or perhaps TOAD.
Anyone had experience with these?
Which is better?
If not perhaps another tool?

Seems like imp and exp are mainly used by SYSTEM or DBA.

I tried insert statement but seems like you have to load at 10,000 record
segements and tend to be slow in generating the sql statements.
It took me a few days just to generate and load ~300,000 record database.

There must be a much easier way than this....