Re: Forms Variables

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 12 Feb 1999 16:16:00 GMT

In article <79sq5u$5t4$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,  <englishkw_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>I have a silly question. Being a C programmer and being new to Oracle Forms, I
>was wondering if you declare a variable in the DECLARE section of PL/SQL
>trigger/procedure and you do not make use of this variable in the program (ie,
>you never assign it a value), does Forms allocate memory resource for that
>variable. I'm just wondering. . . ?

I have been told that it does pre-allocate memory for all declared variables. In addition, variable length variables like varchar2 are allocated to their maximum length.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Fri Feb 12 1999 - 17:16:00 CET

Original text of this message