LOGON/LOGOUT - Forms50

From: Panowski <panowski_at_lanl.gov>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:50:13 -0700

I am trying to logout of a current form, and logon to another form using a 'when-button-pressed' trigger in the first form and the logon_screen function.
In other words, the general public can log on to Form1 without a visible username/password (using an ON-LOGON trigger, we give them access through a GUEST account with 'read only' privilege.)

However, we need to give a few privileged users the ability to manipulate data. We have created a button that does the following: logout;
logon_screen;
call_form('Form2');

in hopes of having a user with their own valid Oracle schema (username/password) to be able to click the button in Form1, sign on via Oracle's standard logon screen, get to Form2, and be able to manipulate data.

We have not been able to allow the user to sign on to Form2 using the username/password/database as reflected in the LOGON_SCREEN.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Bruce Received on Thu Feb 11 1999 - 22:50:13 CET

Original text of this message