Forms "Must Requery" problem

From: Anton Wootliff <wootliff_at_cyberealm.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 15:08:51 GMT

I have a simple Master/ Detail form. After a record is inserted into the Master Block I commit. After a record is inserted into the Detail block I commit. I then goto edit one of the master block fields and am told that I must Requery first. If I requery all is well... this is not what I want to do though... I just want to be able to edit the field and not requery, which will reposition my cursor. I am using Forms 5.0.6.8. The form is set up as though the Wizard. What am I doing wrong? Is there a bug with this version of forms?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anton Wootliff
Director of Systems Programming
Cerberus Technologies Inc.
wootliff_at_cyberealm.com Received on Tue Feb 09 1999 - 16:08:51 CET

Original text of this message