Re: Oracle Client for linux

From: Van Nieuwenhuyse <van_nieuwenhuyse_luytens_at_online.be>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:38:03 -0500

Vegard, try using tnsnames.ora instead of tnsname.ora

Vegard Munthe heeft geschreven in bericht <36BF3453.7EB85933_at_mint.no>...
>Hello all.
>
>I've used some time trying to set up some form of Oracle Client on a
>GNU/Linux server now, with little success. First I compiled php with
>apache with Oracle support and got
>
>Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function ora_logon()
>
>So I assume I have to have some external libs to get php to work against
>an Oracle server.
>
>Then I downloaded the Oracle8 GNU/Linux distribution and installed this.
>The sqlplus client in this distribution seemed just the prog I was
>looking for but I got stuck on the fact that it didn't have a
>commandline option to send the SID with. So I got this error message:
>
>ORA-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect
>descriptor
>
>And the following in the sqlnet.log file:

>Fatal NI connect error 12505, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=*)(SERVICE_NAME=139.117.8.26)(CID=(PROGRAM=) (HOST=magnavolt.teletopia.no)(USER=oracle)))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=139 .117.8.26)(PORT=1521)))