Re: Reports 3 from forms 5

From: Louise Weiler <ljweiler_at_nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 18:01:52 GMT

I, too, have gotten this. Sometimes, the report would then run, sometimes not. A couple of things to check...

  1. check the paths (Reports30, Forms50) in the registry, and make sure they are correct and not too long (there is a limit of 255 characters in registry entries..).
  2. verify the report has been compiled (.rep file) without errors (obvious, but it caught me on one of them!).

These two items got me to the point that I would get the integration error on the form, but the report(s) would still run. I also discovered that the error only occurred after every other page (we run basically nine reports as a single nine-page report, all of which contain graphics). Rather than make the user click through the "ok" buttons, I chalked it up to a server delay, and set my On-Error trigger to ignore that particular error message on the block that is calling the form. (Since it's a separate block, I figured I could do that without problems.) So far, it is has not been an issue with our users (we went into production December 18 or so).

I have, however, noted this to check it out when we receive the next version of developer.

HTH
Louise