auditing.....

From: Mischa Pijnenburg <mischa.pijnenburg_at_prive.ordina.nl>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 16:43:02 +0100

hello,

I've got a question about auditing. There is a special audit table, with fields like tablename, columnname, col_oldvalue. For a couple of tables I want to audit the table name, column name and also the old value of the updated column. It is possible in an afterupdate trigger on each
table and compare the old en new values of the colums, but ... there must be a more generic way. Is anyone know with this kind of auditing?
how does the sql-code look like? Or do I have to invent the wheel again..

Thanks in advance!

M. Pijnenburg Received on Sat Feb 06 1999 - 16:43:02 CET

Original text of this message