Re: Q: How to visualize important event

From: Lars Reineke <Krankenhaus-Hameln_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 07:52:17 GMT

Hi!

On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 10:06:10 -0700, "Ian C. Sellers" <icslu_at_co.boulder.co.us> wrote:

>Yeah Lars -- make the priority 1 messages maximize the MDI window with
>Angelo's suggestion. But if you just want to restore the window, try
>Set_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW,WINDOW_STATE,NORMAL);

Perhaps I'll "make it so" (as Picard would say). What I didn't know, or better, what I didn't notice in the documentation was the FORMS_MDI_WINDOW-Handle.

We already make an entry containing the suggested person who will work on the incoming support message.
So I implemented a HOST() statement that sends a message via "net send" to the responsible co-worker when a priority 1 message arrives.

That seems to be a good solution, because the other ones are not bugged with messages which are ignored by them anyway.

---
Lars Reineke
http://www.planet-interkom.de/pinhead
mailto:reineke_at_kreiskrankenhaus-hameln.de
---