Re: Oracle Forms vs NLS_LANGUAGE

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 19:17:35 GMT

A copy of this was sent to tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas Kyte) (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:12:00 GMT, you wrote:

>A copy of this was sent to "vsd" <vstr_at_hotmail.com>
>(if that email address didn't require changing)
>On Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:58:28 +0100, you wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>in order to build a multiligual application, I would like to be able to
>>change the NLS_LANGUAGE parameter from Forms (5.0.6).
>>
>>When I try to write:
>>
>>Aleter session set NLS_LANGUAGE = FRENCH;
>>
>>in the PLSQL editor, I get syntax error..........
>>
>>Is this normal??? Am I doing something wrong??

[my original wrong answer snipped]

never mind that original post, you can issue:

forms_ddl( 'alter session set nls_language = ''french'' ');

it is the nls_lang (environment/registry) variable you cannot change, i read it too quickly before... sorry.

>>THX
>>
>>Vincent S
>>

>Thomas Kyte
>tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>Oracle Service Industries
>Reston, VA USA

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
http://govt.us.oracle.com/    -- downloadable utilities

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
you have to make it easy to get email to you.  Any bounced
email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.