Re: Help with poplists please!!!!

From: Arnold Schommer <aschommer_at_fs-edv.de>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:22:49 +0100

Jaime F. Bermudez wrote:

> I am desperately in need of some help with poplists.
> I have a couple of poplist in a form which I want to populate in the following
> way:
> 1)The first one, in the when-new-form-instance global trigger.
> 2)The second one, in the when-list-changed trigger of the first list.
>
> For some reason, it lets me populate both lists at the same time, but I am no
> able to populate the second one when the first one has a value selected.
> The error message I get is the following:
>
> FRM-41331 Could not delete element from List2.

This error usually occurs if the ListItem you try to re-populate has a (non-Null-) value. Try clearing the Item temporarily.

> To populate the list I am doing a Clear_List, Populate_Group, and then a
> Populate_List.

> One last thing, I would like to use the selected value of the first list in
> the where clause of the second group. How can I do that?? I have tried ...
> where field1 = :FormName.Field1... but it didnt work.

Try to insert the value into the string you are using to populate the RecordGroup you populate the second ListItem from.

> I will really appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
>
> Jaime F. Bermudez

I hope this gets you some stepts further. Received on Mon Feb 01 1999 - 15:22:49 CET

Original text of this message