Install-Package for ODBC-access to an Oracle 7 database

From: Franziska Doering <franziska_doering_at_hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:30:58 +0100

[Quoted] Hi to all,

I'm trying to create an installation package for our users here. The goal is to have everything (Sqlnet, ODBC, Configuration) in one executable file.

We tried to use the Software Manager by Oracle, but all Hosts had the status "unavailable" and our local Oracle Support here couldn't help.

Another way could be to use WinZip SelfExtractor and to zip all necessary files, but then I have to update the registry by myself and this is pretty dangerous. Does anybody has a better idea? Or - that would be really wonderful - has such a package already?

Any help is very, very welcome.

Franziska Doering
Hewlett Packard, Germany
mailto:franziska_doering_at_hp.com Received on Mon Feb 01 1999 - 13:30:58 CET

Original text of this message