Compiling Pro*C

From: Allan Speir <allan_speir_at_msn.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:21:51 -0000

I've got a small problem when trying to use the Oracle provided make files for Pro*C against a 7.3.4. database. I have my own makefile which links together all my objects and libclntsh. However, in some circumstances this is core dumping (segmentation fault). The same code works quite happily on HPUX but this happens on Solaris. After making sure I was using the right C compiler I decided to use the Oracle make files in case this was the source of the problem.

Everything goes OK until it tries to link. It searches for things link lxa, lsqlnet etc. However, the contents of $ORACLE_HOME/lib are things like liblxa, libsqlnet. I liiked in env_precomp.mk and it mentions these. My question is how do I persuade it to use the libxxxx libraries as opposed to the lxxxxx libraries.

Thanks in advance.

Allan Received on Sun Jan 31 1999 - 01:21:51 CET

Original text of this message