Re: Designer 2.1.1 Never finishes reverse engineering

From: Diane <Diane_at_coalole.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 22:19:43 +0000

In article <36afaa9e.255446252_at_news.cwix.com>, dperez_at_juno_nospam.com writes
>In my most astonished and generically screaming voice - the one normally used
>when trying to get an Oracle product to actually work.......
>
>YOU MEAN I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT'S EXPERIENCING THIS UNBELIEVABLY POOR
>PERFORMANCE FROM THIS PIECE OF FECES???????????
>
>Jeez, they've done it again....................................
>
>Unfortunately, I have NO ideas so far to get this POS to work even REMOTELY
>acceptably........ OK, DBA guys, any of you got any suggestions?????? Anybody
>else even using 2.1.1 for anything?
I'm using 2.1.1 and getting it to finish its reverse engineering but in my opinion is a far poorer product that 1.3.2 was. Oracle have removed a lot of functionality that I found very useful, they've made the designer editor harder to use if all you want to do is draw pretty pictures of your schema (if you want more details mail me), it's a lot slower, needs a higher spec PC, help is context specific so if you're not in the right place you can't find out how to do things, (How long have you got to listen to all this?)

I have to use 2.something to reverse engineer and generate version 8 Oracle ddl

I'm going to the UK Case SIG in March and I hope to find like minded people to help me bitch at Oracle. (perhaps printout from this Thread and newgroup will help)

--
Diane