Oracle8.0-NT: Many tools crash

From: John M <jmullee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:29:06 GMT

After I upgraded my videodriver to more than 16 colours, in order to stop the Microsoft NT JavaVM from crashing at every opportunity, I still have some difficulties: specifically, that the "Oracle ODBC test" program will invariably crash whenever it tries to connect.
  • Error : Stack Overflow (in a Oracle DLL NNG80.DLL)
0154767e   int       3
0154767f   int       3
01547680   push      ecx
01547681   cmp       eax,00001000
01547686   lea       ecx,dword ptr [esp+08]
0154768a   jb        015476a0
0154768c   sub       ecx,00001000
01547692   sub       eax,00001000
01547697   test      dword ptr [ecx],eax    <--------- Exception
01547699   cmp       eax,00001000
0154769e   jnb       0154768c
015476a0   sub       ecx,eax
015476a2   mov       eax,esp
015476a4   test      dword ptr [ecx],eax
015476a6   mov       esp,ecx
015476a8   mov       ecx,dword ptr [eax]
015476aa   mov       eax,dword ptr [eax+04]
015476ad   push      eax

015476ae ret

Call Stack:

NNG80! 01547697()
NNG80! 01531dea()
NNG80! 015364fd()
NNCI80! 01527ec5()
NNCI80! 01527e8e()
NNCI80! 015272e5()
NNFG80! 01511678()
NNFG80! 015112ca()
NNFG80! 0151120f()

NNFG80! 01512f4c()
NNFG80! 01512cf4()
NI80! 01658f8a()
ORA804! 01358148()
ORA804! 0133d895()
ORA804! 012bac8e()
ORA804! 01221570()

OCI! 012110c6()
SQORA32! 04c1640f()
01cb0000()
ODBCTST! 00401145() Is this woeful level of quality i'm stuck with with oracle's tools? I pray to god not.

john