Re: Specifying tablespace for indexes

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:10:11 +0800

BCC NEWS wrote:

> We are developing an application in Designer 2000. The databse that we are
> generating to pre-exists with a tablespace for the tables and a seperate
> tablespace for the indexes. How do you tell Designer 2000 to generate all
> indexes to another tablespace other than the tablespace for the tables.
>
> --
> Disclaimer
> While care has been taken to ensure its accuracy, the Council accepts
> no responsibility for any errors or for any consequence of its use. Any
> action taken by a user or other person in reliance on this information is
> taken at the sole risk and expense of that person. Users intending to rely
> on this extract for the purpose of ascertaining the legal rights or
> obligations
> of any person are advised to consult the relevant authoritative version
> obtainable from the Contact Unit/Officer listed for that document.

For your indexes you can simply associate the appropriate tablespace inside Designer...

Alternatively, a quick and dirty way is the generate the DDL file for indexes only, and just use SEARCH-REPLACE...

HTH

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology
Perth, Western Australia
"The difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad"
				- Salvador Dali