oracle odbc [Connect odbc 3.11]

From: Pat Mc Carthy <patmc_at_aldiscon.ie>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:48:21 -0800

Hello,

[Quoted] I am trying to get the standard demo program(odbcdemo) that is packaged with the above oracle driver to
connect to a oracle database on a HP machine. The demo program is on Solaris(this needs to be the
case) and I am coming across the following problem, When the program is started it looks for
libclntsh library which normally resides under ORACLE_HOME/lib, but I don't have oracle installed
on the solaris machine.
So is there any way of getting an application that runs on solaris to connect to an oracle database
that runs on hp using odbc.
Please fell free to email responses to me.

                 Many Thanks