Re: Multiple instances on Windows NT

From: <dperez_at_juno_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:27:32 GMT

Um, these guys have me confused........ All you need to do is create the instance in the instance manager. Easiest way I've found is to set up a WNT command file with this in it...

set ORACLE_SID=mydb
oradim80 -new -sid mydb -intpwd internal -startmode auto -pfile k:\mydb_v8\setup\initmydb.ora
oradim80 -startup -sid mydb -starttype srvc,inst -usrpwd mypwd -pfile k:\mydb_v8\setup\initmydb.ora

this sets the sid to mydb, creates the instance, starts the services and instance... don't forget to point the pfile to where your init file is.....

I"ve got 4 instances up and running. no prob... Received on Thu Jan 28 1999 - 01:27:32 CET

Original text of this message